Delaware Top Blogs

Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nothing says fiesta like the bright bold colors of summer

Most of you don't know but I have been in Puerto Rico for the last month and a half. Working? No. Purely vacation and play. (Everyone hates me already, I know.) Needless to say the lack of blogging was unacceptable and I plan to make up for it.

Surprisingly I came back to rather warm temperatures and I am not complaining. Even though it is only  March and not quite time to bust out the bathing suits we are going to pretend I am still living the island life and focus on the Spanish designers for 2012. Focusing mostly on the use of bright colors.


Nothing screams 'fiesta' like bright colors and patterns. This is one of my favorite trends especially coming home with a nice dark tan! I love the way bright colors look against my skin. Many designers use this technique to really make a piece stand out. 


Ana Locking
One of my new favorite Spanish designers, Ana Locking in her new line "Under Beauty" uses color to start out soft in the beginning, gradually intensifying until it explodes. Locking says,  "The shadows of under beauty contribute so that light will reflect better." Locking's technique is to play with a sharp execution of silhouettes as well as colorblocking.   Take a look at her line this season. 



Kina Fernandez
Also a very talented and a favorite, Kina uses a few of my favorite colors like turquoise and coral incorporated into her Spring/Summer 2012 line. She uses draping in a way that makes you feel something when you look at one of her pieces. The way each piece so easily flows reminding me of a summer breeze or a calm ocean current. 


TCN
This line can be best described with the words 'fun,' 'funky,' and 'urban' all at the same time. I like this line because it is more of a laid back style but still maintains a substantial amount of spunk. TCN uses an array of colors such as aqua, coral, rose pink and mustard intertwining them together for the perfect combination. This line is very subtle, but the bright colors help to bring out its spring/summer attitude. 


Colorblocking is definitely the leading fashion trend for Spring 2012. So when you are preparing for the spring and summer months and are trying to play it safe with that little black dress, step outside of your comfort zone, pretend you are on vacation and go for something that will lift your mood; something bright. Go for the oranges, corals, and aqua colors and make a bold, bright statement this season. 










Keep it classy, 
<3Elizabeth 





No comments:

Post a Comment