Delaware Top Blogs

Delaware Top Blogs

Monday, January 24, 2011

Paris Couture Week Launched...

Instead of having the Monday blues I have just the opposite. Why? Well for starters tonight Gossip Girl will return to the CW and boy have I missed the socialite drama, the high fashion and  mostly looking at Nate Archibald. 

But more importantly today starts the week of Paris couture. This is where you are now probably thinking okay? So why do I really care about that? Or you are probably wondering what the word "couture" even means. (Not going to lie I looked up the definition). Hey I said I wasn't a fashion expert and don't pretend you knew the exact definition. Well, according to Google "couture" means, "high fashion designing and dressmaking."

So I welcome you to day one of Paris Couture Week which just happens to be the MOST expensive week on the fashion calender. 

Alexis Mabille launched his collection in 2005 and you better believe his designs are walking the runway in Paris as we speak! Known for his skillfully sewn bows and intricate lace, his designs are what kicked off the show! 


and Courtesy: Nowfashion

While I do love these designs there were a few that really made me wonder if anyone would ever wear it besides on the runway or if invited to the latest award show. For example:


But one thing I appreciate is originality and Mabille stands true to just that. 

Quoted by NYTimes: "Alexis Mabille has a more sugary approach, but he also has a practical take on smart dressing. Among slithery dresses in subtle “off” colors, like petrol with leaf green, was a strong dose of white. Fresh as the flowers that decorated the models’ braided ponytails, the outfits were dual purpose. A long skirt would slip off to reveal a peppy short dress, delicately decorated — just right for a modern bride who wants to combine tradition with modernity, which is the strength of Mr. Mabille."




No comments:

Post a Comment