Delaware Top Blogs

Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Counselor we can't be together when he dresses like that...

I don't know. Maybe I just don't appreciate what high-fashion and couture is all about, but some of what I saw in the S/S 2011 Menswear Collections would cause my relationship to end abruptly. Now my boyfriend could care less about a name brand and considers camo an accepted color. (We're working on it.) But even if he did have a taste for high-fashion and spent more money on an outfit than a vehicle, I still don't think I would allow him to wear some of the collections I saw today. In fact I don't think I would allow any of my guy friends (gay or straight) to wear them. Would you?


Okay okay, maybe if he was auditioning for Tarzan?



I will save the best for last... 






This has divorce written all over it. I am sorry. 

But just to put a positive spin on the Couture Fashion show in the menswear category here are some styles I did approve of and some from the same designers surprisingly enough. (Not that my boyfriend would wear them.)


I also want to point out that I am not trying to insult any designer in any way. I am only trying to imagine your collections in my life or on my boyfriend. And as long as I state my opinion in a classy respectful manner I am more than entitled to it. Yes?

All photos from: http://nymag.com/




Keep it classy,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical! No way would I suggest the above but below the divorce looks good. You are such a great writer. I knew this in 7th grade so don't you ever forget it!!

    ReplyDelete